To make your application work, install additional packages in a Java SE, PHP, Node.js or Java EE application container. The packages install at runtime from the Oracle Linux 7 YUM repository.
- Create the linux-packages.txt text file in a text editor.
- Add one of the available installation options on a new line in the file. The following table describes the install options:
Option Description Format Example
Install an individual package; it is equivalent to the “yum install -y pkg-name” Linux command.
Install a set of related packages in the specified group, it is equivalent to the “yum -y groupinstall group_name” Linux command.
- Repeat Step 2 as needed.
- Save and close the file.
- Add the file to the root of the compressed file that you use to package your application. See Packaging Your Application.
- Deploy your application. See Creating the Deployment-Ready Archive.
- In the recent application logs, search for "Summary of Package Installation" and review if the packages installed successfully. See Exploring the Application Administration Page in Using Oracle Application Container Cloud Service.
Example 2-2 linux-packages.txt
package_install:make-3.82-23.el7.x86_64 package_install:gcc-4.8.5-4.el7.x86_64 package_install:lynx-2.8.6-27.el6.x86_64 group_install:x11