Oracle SQL Developer is a free integrated development environment that simplifies the development and management of Oracle Database in both traditional and cloud deployments.
Note:To connect Oracle SQL Developer to an Autonomous Transaction Processing dedicated database, the system running Oracle SQL Developer must have network access to the database.
To create a new connection to an Autonomous Transaction Processing dedicated database, do the following:
- Download the zip file containing client credentials for your database to a secure directory on system.This zip file is available for download from the database's Details page in the Oracle Cloud console. For more information, see Download Client Credentials.
- Start Oracle SQL Developer and in the connections panel, right-click Connections and select New Database Connection....
- Choose the Connection Type Cloud Wallet.
- Enter the following information:
Connection Name: Enter the name for this connection.
Username: Enter the database username. You can either use the default administrator database account (
ADMIN) provided as part of the service or create a new schema, and use it.
Password: Enter the password for the database user.
Connection Type: Select Cloud Wallet (with the older version, SQL Developer 18.2, this is Cloud PDB)
Configuration File : Click Browse, and select the client credentials zip file.
Service: Enter the service name. The client credentials file provides the service names.
- Click Connect to connect to the database.