Provides an overview of the service and describes how to get started with Autonomous Data Warehouse.
- About Autonomous Data Warehouse
- Before You Begin with Autonomous Data Warehouse
- Key Features of Autonomous Data Warehouse
- Typical Workflow for Using Autonomous Data Warehouse
- Build Reports and Dashboards with Analytics in Autonomous Data Warehouse
- Security and Authentication in Autonomous Data Warehouse
- Getting Help and Contacting Oracle Support
About Autonomous Data Warehouse
Autonomous Data Warehouse provides an easy-to-use, fully autonomous data warehouse that scales elastically, delivers fast query performance and requires no database administration.
It is designed to support standard SQL and business intelligence (BI) tools, and provides all of the performance of the market-leading Oracle Database in an environment that is tuned and optimized for data warehouse workloads.
As a service Autonomous Data Warehouse does not require database administration. With Autonomous Data Warehouse you do not need to configure or manage any hardware, or install any software. Autonomous Data Warehouse handles creating the database, backing up the database, patching and upgrading the database, and growing or shrinking the database.
Additionally, Autonomous Data Warehouse does not require any tuning. Autonomous Data Warehouse is designed as a "load and go" service: you create a data warehouse, define tables, load data, and then run queries. When you use Autonomous Data Warehouse, no tuning is necessary. You do not need to consider any details about parallelism, partitioning, indexing, or compression. The service automatically configures the database for high-performance queries.
Autonomous Data Warehouse is built upon Oracle Database, so that the applications and tools that support Oracle Database also support Autonomous Data Warehouse. These tools and applications connect to Autonomous Data Warehouse using standard SQL*Net connections. The tools and applications can either be in your data center or in a public cloud.
Autonomous Data Warehouse is a completely elastic service. When you get started with Autonomous Data Warehouse, simply specify the number of OCPUs and the storage capacity in TB's for the database. At any time, you can scale, increase or decrease, either the OCPUs or the storage capacity. When you make resource changes for your Autonomous Data Warehouse, the database resources automatically shrink or grow, without requiring any downtime or service interruptions.
Autonomous Data Warehouse includes a cloud-based service console for managing the service (for tasks such as stopping, starting, or scaling the service), and monitoring the service (for tasks such as viewing the recent levels of activity on the database).
Autonomous Data Warehouse also includes the following:
- Oracle Application Express (APEX): a low-code development platform that enables you to build scalable, secure enterprise apps with world-class features.
- Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS): a Java Enterprise Edition based data service that makes it easy to develop modern REST interfaces for relational data and JSON Document Store.
- Oracle SQL Developer Web: a browser-based interface of Oracle SQL Developer.
You can use Autonomous Data Warehouse with Oracle Analytics Desktop to easily create visualizations and projects that reveal trends in your company’s data and help you answer questions and discover important insights about your business.