SQL or Structured Query Language is the standard language for relational database management systems. You can use SQL statements to perform tasks such as retrieving data from a database, updating data on a database, and so on. Some examples of SQL statements are
SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, and
- In the Oracle Machine Learning home page, click Run SQL Statement. The SQL Query Scratchpad opens.
- In the SQL Query Scratchpad, type
%sqland press enter.
- In the next line, enter the SQL statement that you want to run. If you want to fetch data about product sales, then type
SELECT * FROM tablename.For example,
SELECT * FROM SH.SALES;where,
SHis the schema name and
SALESis the table that contains the data about product sales in the database.
- To run the SQL statement, click or press Shift+Enter. Once the statement runs successfully, Oracle Machine Learning fetches the data from the database and displays it in a tabular format.
- If you want to visualize the data in a different graphical output, then click the icon for the corresponding graph.