This section lists the feature restrictions and limitations of Oracle Application Express when used within the context of Autonomous Data Warehouse. Certain limitations are required to protect the security and performance of your Oracle Application Express environment.
- Application Express Administration Services: Certain Application
Express instance configuration options are disabled. The following are examples of
configuration options that have been predefined by Oracle and cannot be altered:
- Authentication scheme used to access App Builder ("Database Accounts")
- Ability to submit and approve self-service workspace requests and change requests
- Ability to create additional instance administrator users. Only the ADMIN user is permitted to access Administration Services. Other instance administrator users cannot be added.
- Web proxy, Oracle Wallet, and print server configuration
- Daily limits of outbound web service calls and email messages
- An option to make insecure outbound web service calls
The following application authentication schemes are not supported:
- HTTP Header Variable
- LDAP Directory
- Oracle Application Server Single Sign-On
PDF, Excel, and Word printing options are disabled. You may be able to configure a 3rd party print server within Application Express apps.
Only SMTP Application Express instance parameters may be set using the
APEX_INSTANCE_ADMINpackage. See Available Parameter Values in Oracle Application Express API Reference for more information. Other utilities provided by
Only the following procedures and functions of the
APEX_INSTANCE_ADMINpackage are supported. See APEX_INSTANCE_ADMIN in Oracle Application Express API Reference for more information:
ADD_SCHEMA ADD_WORKSPACE GET_PARAMETER REMOVE_SCHEMA REMOVE_WORKSPACE SET_PARAMETER
Vanity URLs or custom domain names are not supported.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Web Application Firewall (WAF) service is not supported.