Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Events enable you to create automation based on state changes for resources. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure work requests allow you to monitor long-running operations such as cloning or backing up an Autonomous Data Warehouse database.
About Events and Notifications
An event could be a resource lifecycle state change or a system event impacting a resource. For example, an event can be emitted when a backup or restore operation begins or ends. You can use events to manage actions, including notifications and other actions.
See Overview of Events for more information.
About Work Requests
Autonomous Databases support Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Work Requests. A work request is an activity log that enables you to track each step in an operation's progress. Each work request has an Oracle Cloud Identifier (OCID) that allows you to interact with it programmatically.
- Creating or terminating an Autonomous Database instance
- Starting or stopping an Autonomous Database instance
- Restoring an Autonomous Database instance
- Cloning an Autonomous Database instance
- Creating or deleting manual backups.
- Scaling database storage or CPU
- Updating the database license type
- Updating a database's network access control list (ACL)
Under Resources on the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure console click Work Requests to see recent work requests.
Click the link under Operation to see more details for a work request.
Description of the illustration adwc_work_request_details.png
See Work Requests Integration for more information.