In SQL Developer Web, from the Worksheet page, you can load data from local files into an existing table.
Load Data into Existing Autonomous Database Table with SQL Developer Web
You can load data into an existing table in Autonomous Database with the SQL Developer Web import from file feature.
Before you load data, create the table in Autonomous Database. The file formats that you can upload with the SQL Developer Web upload feature are CSV, XLS, XLSX, TSV and TXT.
To upload data from local files to an existing table with SQL Developer Web, do the following:
- Open SQL Developer Web from Autonomous Database and sign in.
There are several options for how to start SQL Developer Web, depending on your schema and system privileges. See Connect with Built-in SQL Developer Web for more information.
- To import data, in SQL Developer Web, select the Worksheet tab.
- In the Navigator, right-click the table where you want to load data.
- In the menu select Data loading → Upload
For example, select the
SALEStable, right-click, and select Data loading → Upload Data...
This shows the Import data dialog:
- In the Import data dialog you can either drag and drop files or click Select files to show a browser to select the files to import.
- Complete the mapping for the columns you are importing. There are a number of
options for column mapping. Click (Show/Hide options) icon to show the data import and format options to
change column names, skip rows, rows to load, and various other options.
Click Apply to apply the options you select.
- When you finish selecting format and mapping options, click
Next to preview the column mapping.
If there is a problem at this stage, information shows with more details, such as: 2 pending actions. This means you need to correct or fix the source file data before you import.
- Click Next.
- Click Next to review the column mapping.
This shows the Review page to review the source columns and target columns for the import:
- Click Finish.
- Click OK to confirm the import.
Depending on the size of the data file you are importing, the import may take some time.
SQL Developer Web provides history to show the status of the import and to allow you to review the results or errors associated with the import operation.
For a detailed summary of the upload process, right-click the table in the Navigator tab, select Data loading, and then select Loaded Data. A summary of the data loaded is displayed in the Loaded data summary dialog.
If any data failed to load, you can view the number of rows in the Failed Rows column. Click the column and a dialog is displayed showing the failed rows.
In the Loaded data summary dialog, you can also search for files loaded by schema name, table name, or file name. To remove the loaded files, click the Delete icon.
See Uploading Data from Local Files for more information on using SQL Developer Web to upload data.