This section lists the feature restrictions and limitations of Oracle Application Express when used within the context of Autonomous Database. Certain limitations are required to protect the security and performance of your Oracle Application Express environment.
- Disabled options in Administration Services:
Some Application Express Administration Services configuration options are disabled. The following are examples of configuration options that have been predefined by Oracle and cannot be altered:
- Authentication scheme used to access App Builder ("Database Accounts").
- Manage Requests - Ability to enable, submit, and approve self-service workspace requests and change requests. For example, Manage Instance, Self-Service Sign Up.
Manage Instance, Instance Settings - Security, Instance Settings, and Workspace Purge Setting. Workspace Isolation:
Security (HTTP Protocol, Real Application Security, Session Time Out, Workspace Isolation, Region and Web Service Excluded Domains, Authentication Control, Password Policy).
Instance Settings (Workspace Creation Provisioning, Email Provisioning, Storage, Email, Wallet, Report Printing, Help, New Workspace Request Size, Workspace Change Request Size, Application ID Range, Background Jobs).
Workspace Purge Settings.
- Web proxy, Oracle Wallet, and print server configuration
- Daily limits of outbound web service calls and email messages
- An option to make insecure outbound web service calls
Disabled options in Workspace Administration:
- Make a Service Request - Ability to make service requests for schemas, storage, and termination.
The following application authentication schemes are not supported:
- HTTP Header Variable
- LDAP Directory
- Oracle Application Server Single Sign-On
Only the following
APEX_INSTANCE_ADMINprocedures and functions are supported:
See APEX_INSTANCE_ADMIN in Oracle Application Express API Reference for more information.
ADD_SCHEMA ADD_WORKSPACE GET_PARAMETER REMOVE_SCHEMA REMOVE_WORKSPACE SET_PARAMETER VALIDATE_EMAIL_CONFIG
SMTP Application Express instance parameters and certain others may be set using the
See Available Parameter Values in Oracle Application Express API Reference for more information.
Oracle Application Express is only available as a Full Development environment. Converting into a Runtime environment is not supported.
Vanity URLs or custom domain names are not natively supported.
See About Customer Managed Oracle REST Data Services on Autonomous Database to learn about an alternative ORDS deployment that can be used to implement vanity URLs.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Web Application Firewall (WAF) service is not natively supported.
See About Customer Managed Oracle REST Data Services on Autonomous Database to learn about an alternative ORDS deployment that can be used to implement WAF.