This section lists the feature restrictions and limitations of Oracle APEX when used within the context of Autonomous Database. Certain limitations are required to protect the security and performance of your Oracle APEX environment.
- Disabled options in Administration Services:
Some Oracle APEX Administration Services configuration options are disabled. The following are examples of configuration options that have been predefined by Oracle and cannot be altered:
- Authentication scheme used to access App Builder ("Database Accounts").
- Manage Requests - Ability to enable, submit, and approve self-service workspace requests and change requests. For example, Manage Instance, Self-Service Sign Up.
Manage Instance, Instance Settings - Security, Instance Settings, and Workspace Purge Setting. Workspace Isolation:
Security (HTTP Protocol, Real Application Security, Session Time Out, Workspace Isolation, Region and Web Service Excluded Domains, Authentication Control, Password Policy).
Instance Settings (Workspace Creation Provisioning, Email Provisioning, Storage, Email, Wallet, Report Printing, Help, New Workspace Request Size, Workspace Change Request Size, Application ID Range, Background Jobs).
Workspace Purge Settings.
- Web proxy, Oracle Wallet, and print server configuration
- Daily limits of outbound web service calls and email messages
- An option to make insecure outbound web service calls
Disabled options in Workspace Administration:
- Make a Service Request - Ability to make service requests for schemas, storage, and termination.
The following application authentication schemes are supported with limitations:
- HTTP Header Variable: Only after configuring a vanity URL. See Access Oracle APEX, Oracle REST Data Services, and Developer Tools Using a Vanity URL to learn more.
- LDAP Directory, including APEX_LDAP PL/SQL API: With the same restrictions that apply to the DBMS_LDAP PL/SQL package. See Restrictions and Notes for Database PL/SQL Packages for more information.
Only the following
APEX_INSTANCE_ADMINprocedures and functions are supported:
See APEX_INSTANCE_ADMIN in Oracle APEX API Reference for more information.
ADD_SCHEMA ADD_WORKSPACE GET_PARAMETER REMOVE_SCHEMA REMOVE_WORKSPACE SET_PARAMETER VALIDATE_EMAIL_CONFIG
SMTP APEX instance parameters and certain others may be set using the
See Available Parameter Values in Oracle APEX API Reference for more information.
Oracle APEX is only available as a Full Development environment. Converting into a Runtime environment, which minimizes the installed software footprint and removes UI components such as App Builder and Administration Services, is not supported.