Update Standby to Use a Backup Copy Peer
These steps terminate the standby database. By default Autonomous Database provides a Backup-Based Disaster Recovery peer and these steps change the disaster recovery type from Autonomous Data Guard to backup copy.
Perform the following prerequisite steps as necessary:
Open the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console by clicking the next to Oracle Cloud.
- From the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure left navigation menu click Oracle Database and then, depending on your workload click one of: Autonomous Data Warehouse, or Autonomous Transaction Processing.
On the Autonomous Databases page select your Autonomous Database from the links under the Display Name column.
To change the disaster recovery type:
- On the Autonomous Database Details page, under Resources, select Disaster recovery.
- In the row showing the disaster recovery details, click the Actions icon (three
dots) and select Update DR type.
This shows the Update disaster recovery type page.
- Select Backup-based disaster recovery.
- Click Submit.
- In the Disable Autonomous Data Guard dialog, click Disable
Autonomous Data Guard.
While the standby database is terminating, the Lifecycle State changes to Updating.
Autonomous Database generates the Disable Autonomous Data Guard work request. To view the request, under Resources, click Work Requests.