Each Autonomous Database instance includes a dedicated instance of Oracle APEX; you can use this instance to create multiple workspaces. A workspace is a shared work area where you can build applications. You create workspaces in Oracle APEX Administration Services.
Note:If your Autonomous Database is configured to use a Private Endpoint, then you can only access Oracle APEX from clients in the same Virtual Cloud Network (VCN).
See Configuring Network Access with Private Endpoints for more information.
Perform the following prerequisite steps as necessary:
Open the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console by clicking the next to Oracle Cloud.
- From the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure left navigation menu click Oracle Database and then, depending on your workload click one of: Autonomous Data Warehouse, Autonomous JSON Database, or Autonomous Transaction Processing.
On the Autonomous Databases page select an Autonomous Database from the links under the Display Name column.
To access Oracle APEX Administration Services you can use the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console or Database Actions.
To access Administration Services from Database Actions:
- On the Autonomous Database details page select Database Actions and in the list click View all database actions.
- From the Database Actions Launchpad, under Development,
The Oracle APEX Administration Services sign-in page appears.
If you already created a workspace, the Application Express workspace sign-in page appears instead. In this case, to open Administration Services, click Administration Services link.
- In the Password field, enter the password for the ADMIN user.
Note:By default, Administration Services and the Oracle APEX development environment on Autonomous Database use Database Accounts authentication. This authentication method uses the database account user name and password to authenticate users. You can switch to a different authentication method on the Administration Services, Manage Instance, Security page.
See Set the ADMIN Password in Autonomous Database to change the password.
- Click Sign In to Administration.
When you sign in for the first time, follow the prompts to create an Application Express workspace. See Create Oracle APEX Workspaces in Autonomous Database for more information.
To access Administration Services from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console:
On the Autonomous Database details page click the Tools tab.
- In the Tools column, select the Oracle APEX link.
You can also use Administration Services to manage your APEX instance. See Oracle APEX Administration Services in Oracle APEX Administration Guide for more information.