Install and configure Data Sync so that you can load your data.
Download and install Data Sync
Download Data Sync from Oracle Technology Network and follow the installation steps.
|Request permissions to load data||Work with your service administrator to ensure that you have permissions to load data.||Giving Users Permissions to Upload Data with Data Sync|
|Start Data Sync||Start up Data Sync for the first time.||Starting Data Sync the First Time|
|Set some Data Sync properties||Configure Data Sync for your local environment.||Setting Default Options for Data Sync|
|Connect Data Sync to your target||Specify connection details for your target.||Specifying Connection Details for Your Cloud Service|
|Connect Data Sync to a data source or file||Specify connection details for your data source or file.|
|Set up email notifications||Specify who will receive notification emails from Data Sync about the status of data loads.||Help: Email Configuration Dialog and Recipients Dialog|
|Set up new Data Sync projects||Set up a new Data Sync project or open an existing project.||Click Create a New Project in Data Sync.|
Giving Users Permissions to Upload Data with Data Sync
To load data using Data Sync, you need a user account with appropriate privileges.
Your Data Sync user account must also have read permissions on any source databases from which you plan to load data. This user account must be separate to any federated user accounts that you create for dashboard and report users.
Ask your administrator for the appropriate permissions. These steps describe what your Cloud service administrator needs to do.
- If required, create an account for the Data Sync user.For example, sign into My Services as administrator and create a user.
- Sign into your Cloud service as administrator.
- Click Console, then Users and Roles.
- Navigate to the user, click Manage Application Roles, and assign the following application roles:
- BI Data Load Author - Enables Data Sync users to load data into a table.
- BI Advanced Content Author - Enables Data Sync users to load data into a data set.
Setting Default Options for Data Sync
Set up defaults for Data Sync to suit your business needs and optimize the way Data Sync works for you. For example, you can set up a default directory for your data files, determine how much detail gets logged, how long to keep log files, and more.
For a full list of system properties and guidance on configuring them, see Help: System Properties Dialog.
- In Data Sync, click the Views menu, then System Properties.
- If you plan to upload data from files (CSV or XLSX), set a Data File Root Directory. Specify a default location for your files, such as
- If your organization uses a proxy server to route calls to external websites, configure Proxy Host and Proxy Port.
- Set other properties or keep the default settings.