Projects contain visualizations that help you explore your content in productive and meaningful ways. When you create a project, you add one or more data sources containing the data you want to explore. Data sources contain data from subject areas, Oracle Applications, databases, or uploaded data files such as spreadsheets.
- To create a project, go to the Home page and in the Create pane, click Project.
- Alternatively, to open an existing project, use the Home page search or browse the project thumbnails shown on the Home page. Click the project’s Actions menu and select Open.
- To add data sources to a project, go to the Data Sources or Data Elements pane, right-click and select Add Data Sources.
- In the Add Data Source dialog, do one of the following:
- Click the Subject Areas tab and select the data source.
- Click the Data Sets tab and select the data set.
- Click Create New Data Source and create a data source based on a file or connection, then add it to your project.
- Click Add to Project.
- Drag and drop the data elements to visualize from the Data Elements pane onto the visualization canvas, and start building your project. See Adding Data Elements to Visualizations.
When you add multiple data sources to a project, they must match. The system matches them automatically, but sometimes you need to match them using the Source Diagram option. If the data sources don’t match, then the additional data sources you added to a project aren’t displayed in the Data Elements pane, but are displayed in the Data Sources pane. See Blending Data That You Added.