You can upgrade cluster software by using the interactive tools in the Oracle Big Data Cloud Service console.
You may have to apply a patch before you can use the console for subsequent upgrades, as shown in the following table:
|To upgrade a cluster that was...||Do this...|
|Created on release 18.3.1 or later||You can use the console to upgrade to subsequent releases.|
|Created on release 18.2.5||Manually apply patch 22405911. Then you can use the console for updates to subsequent releases.|
|Created before release 18.2.5||It isn’t currently possible to use the console to patch or upgrade a cluster created before 18.2.5. However, it will be available in a future release.|
Upgrading Cluster Software Through the Console
To upgrade cluster software through the Oracle Big Data Cloud Service console:
- Open the console.
- If necessary, navigate to the Instances page.
- If a patch is available for a cluster, the row that shows the details for that cluster includes a link, One or more patches are available. Click the link to display the Patching page for the cluster.
- Click the PSU menu to the right of the patch information, and select Precheck.
- When the precheck is complete and successful, click the PSU menu again and select Patch.
Patching a Release 18.2.5 Cluster
Note:When you run the patch precheck on a cluster that hasn’t been patched, a message is displayed: This cluster needs a patch in order to proceed with upgrade. Please contact support to download and install the patch.
- Copy the
bda-4.11.4-1.el6.x86_64.rpmfile to the node.
- Upgrade to the new
bda rpmpackage by running either of the following:
# rpm -e bda # rpm -Uvh bda-4.11.4-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
# rpm -e bda # rpm -Uvh --force bda-4.11.4-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
- Run the following command:.
# service bda-monitor restart