Create policies to run transforms against your data sets on the Policies page.
To create a policy:
- Go to the Policies page.
- Click Create Policy.The Create Policy dialog appears.
- In the Name field, enter an alphanumeric title for your policy. This is a required field.
- In the Description field, describe the purpose of this policy.
- In the Email Notification drop-down list, select from one of the following choices:
- None: You won’t receive any email notifications.
- Start and End: You’ll receive two emails, one notifying you when the scheduled policy has started and the other when it has ended.
- Verbose: You’ll receive an email notifying you when each engine in the transform process has started and completed its task. This is a sample notification:
BDP Notification at Jun 26 00:04:11 UTC 2015 Job Name: LR0625TESTEMAILNOTIFICATIONS1 Job Id: 3496 Schedule: luistestemailnotification1 Transform: LR0625TESTEMAILNOTIFICATIONS1 Schedule execution started Fri Jun 26 00:01:26 UTC 2015 Ingest started Fri Jun 26 00:01:26 UTC 2015 Ingest completed Fri Jun 26 00:01:50 UTC 2015 Preparation started Fri Jun 26 00:01:50 UTC 2015 Preparation completed Fri Jun 26 00:02:10 UTC 2015 CopyMerge completed Fri Jun 26 00:02:10 UTC 2015 Transformation started Fri Jun 26 00:02:10 UTC 2015 Transformation completed Fri Jun 26 00:03:53 UTC 2015 Publishing started Fri Jun 26 00:03:53 UTC 2015 Publishing completed Fri Jun 26 00:04:11 UTC 2015 Schedule execution completed Fri Jun 26 00:04:11 UTC 2015 Processed data file /demodata/AccountInfo_15Koow_NoHeaders.xls of the total size 6335 Kb (15000 rows)
- Optionally, select the Active check box to ensure that your policy runs as scheduled.
- From the Transform drop-down list, select the transform script that you want to run against your data source.
- From the Source drop-down list, select a data source and file for which a transform will be scheduled.If you only select a folder, the system will process all the files placed in it. You can also process multiple files compressed within a zip file. The result of a multi-file transform is a single repaired file.
- From the Target drop-down list, select the data source where your enriched data set will be published.
- Optionally, select the Generate unique file name by appending run Id check box to ensure that your policy produces a unique output file name for your processed data set.
- In the Execute drop-down list, select the frequency at which your policy will run. Select from one of the following choices:
- Once or Daily: Select the time and start/end dates for the policy from the Time, Start Date, and End Date fields.
- Weekly: Select the day of the week on which the policy will run from the Day drop-down list, and select the time and start/end dates for the policy from the Time, Start Date, and End Date fields.
- Monthly: Enter the numbered day of the month on which the policy will run in the Month Date field, and select the time and start/end dates for the policy from the Time, Start Date, and End Date fields.
- Click Save.A new policy is listed on the Policies page.