Classified values may sometimes contain different values for the same category. For example, a data set may contain a variety of designations for male or female gender. You can standardize these values across a data set. You can also use this feature to search and replace null values in your data.
- On the main authoring page, identify the transform column that contains classified data values that you want to repair.
- In the Column cell, click the More Actions icon.A drop-down list appears.
- Select Search and Replace.The Search and Replace dialog box appears.
- Click the Load Samples link.The dialog box displays the current classified values in your data set.
Note:With the Load Samples feature, you can load up to 100 most frequently used sample values.
Note:The Load CSV feature allows you to upload files in comma- or tab- delimited format. This file must have two columns: one identifying the values in the data set and the other column identifying the replacement text.
- Enter the values that unify your data in the Replace By list.The figure that follows shows an example of a table replacement to unify the gender column values.
Description of the illustration search_replace.png
- Click Add to add more rows and values to the Find Value and Replace By columns.
- Click Apply.