After creating groups for your organization roles, assign the appropriate user roles to those groups to give them access to the Oracle Content and Experience features they need.
Although you can assign roles to users directly, it's easier to manage role assignment when you assign roles to groups and then add users to those groups.
To assign roles to groups:
- If you're not already in the Oracle Identity Cloud
- Sign in to Oracle Cloud as the cloud account administrator. You can find your account name and login information in your welcome email.
- In the Infrastructure Console, click on the top left to open the navigation menu, click Identity, then click Federation. You might need to use the scroll bar on the left to scroll down to see the menu option.
- On the Federation page, click the link to the Oracle Identity Cloud Service Console. The IDCS Console opens in a new window.
- In the IDCS Console, click , and then click Applications.
- Open your Oracle Content and Experience application.
- Click the Application Roles tab.
- Next to the role you want to assign, click , and then select Assign Groups.
- Find and select the group you want, and then click Assign.
For a list of typical organization roles and the user roles they need, see Typical Organization Roles. For a description of the predefined roles in Oracle Content and Experience, see Application Roles.
Next, add users.