As a best practice, you should create groups based on the roles in your organization, then assign the appropriate user roles to those groups to give them access to the features they need. Finally, add users to those groups to automatically assign users the appropriate user roles.
For a list of typical organization roles and the user roles they need, see Typical Organization Roles.
To create groups:
- Sign in to Oracle Cloud as the cloud account administrator. You can find your account name and login information in your welcome email.
- In the Infrastructure Console, click on the top left to open the navigation menu, click Identity, then click Federation. You might need to use the scroll bar on the left to scroll down to see the menu option.
- On the Federation page, click the link to the Oracle Identity Cloud Service Console. This opens the IDCS Console in a new window.
- In the IDCS Console, click , and then click Groups.
- To create a group, click Add.
- Enter a name and description for the group that makes clear to others what the group is used for.
- To allow users to request access to this group, click User can request access.
- Click Finish.
Next, assign roles to your groups.