Before you can begin using Oracle Content and Experience, your organization must purchase a subscription, create a cloud account, and then activate the service.
There are several ways to purchase your Oracle Cloud Universal Credits subscription:
- If you are a software as a service (SaaS) customer, you must contact Oracle Sales.
- If you already have a UCM account, you can skip to step 2. If you need to create a new UCM account, the sales representative will send you a contract; after you sign the contract, you'll receive an email to asking you to activate your service.
- Contact your sales representative to order Oracle Content and Experience Cloud Service for Oracle CX, and have the order associated with your UCM account.
After you sign the contract for Oracle Content and Experience, your service will be activated automatically, and you'll receive a welcome email for Oracle Content and Experience.
- Through the Oracle Cloud website — If you use Universal Credits to purchase a subscription through the Oracle Cloud website self-service tools, you’ll create your cloud account as part of your subscription sign-up, your service will be activated automatically, and you'll receive a welcome email for Oracle Content and Experience. See Buy an Oracle Cloud Subscription in Getting Started with Oracle Cloud.
- Through Oracle Sales — If you use Universal Credits to purchase a subscription through Oracle Sales, you need to create your cloud account and activate your service through the activation email you received. After you activate your service, you'll receive a welcome email for Oracle Content and Experience. See Activate Your Order from Your Welcome Email in Getting Started with Oracle Cloud.
- If you're not able to create a cloud account when you purchase your subscription or when you activate your service, see Sign Up for a Cloud Account in Getting Started with Oracle Cloud.
- If you switched from a non-metered subscription to a Universal Credits subscription, you’ll need to replicate your content to your new service instance.
For more information on subscriptions, see Overview of Oracle Cloud Subscriptions in Getting Started with Oracle Cloud.
What to Do Next
After your service is activated, you need to create a service instance.