The template policies tab shows the type of template (standard or enterprise), the approval required, and the minimum security for sites created from the template. You also see the status of the template (whether the template is available for use when creating sites).
You see the template policies tab only if site governance is enabled and you are a site administrator. See Understand Site Governance.
To view or change template policies:
- Click Developer and then click View All Templates.
- Select the template, choose Details from the menu bar or right-click menu, and then click the Policies tab.
- Select whether site requests created from this template require approval from the site administrator, if they are automatically approved, or if they require approval from specific people. If you want to limit approval to specific people, start entering the name or email of the person or group you want to add as an approver, then select the person or group from the search results. To remove an approver, click the X next to their name.
- Select the minimum security required for sites created from this template. Site creators can select a higher level of security for their site if desired.
- Specific service users - Only selected users that can sign into this instance of Oracle Content and Experience can access the site. The site creator selects the Oracle Content and Experience users after the site is created. See Change Site Security.
- Specific cloud users - Only selected users that can sign into your domain can access the site. The site creator selects the cloud users after the site is created. See Change Site Security.
- Service users - Any user that can sign into this instance of Oracle Content and Experience can access the site.
- Cloud users - Any user that can sign into your domain can access the site.
- Everyone - Anyone can access the site without signing in.
- Select an expiration policy to determine when a site using the template
expires. Site administrators can specify whether expired sites are taken offline
or deleted. Site owners and managers are notified by email prior to site
expiration and are given the opportunity to extend the expiration time. If they
do not extend the expiration, they are notified by email when the site has
either been taken offline or deleted. At that time they can extend the
expiration and bring the site back online or restore it from trash if necessary.
Expiration policy options are:
- 1 year
- 2 years
Selecting Custom allows you to set an expiration shorter than 1 year or longer than 2 years.
Note:After a site is created, site administrators can change a site's expiration policy in the Site Properties dialog.
- If you're editing an enterprise template, you can select how to create the site prefix for friendly URL values. This prefix will be appended to content item slug values (the part of the URL specific to the page or asset). You can have the prefix automatically generated based on the site name, or you can let the user enter a prefix.
- If you're editing an enterprise template, choose the localization policy used to determine which languages are required for the site.
- When you're done, click Save.