As a developer, when you create a local component or layout, you are given a fully-functional sample that you can modify to your own component or layout.
As a developer, you can create components with access to the same features and capabilities as those provided by Oracle Content and Experience.
To create a sample local component or layout:
- Click Developer and then click View All Components.
- Click Create, and select the type of component or layout you want to create.
- Enter a name for the component or layout. You can’t use a name used by another component or layout.
You can use letters, numbers, underscores (_), and hyphens (-). If you enter a space, it’s automatically replaced with an underscore.
Don’t use the following names for templates, themes, components, sites, or site pages: authsite, content, pages, scstemplate_*, _comps, _components, _compsdelivery, _idcservice , _sitescloud, _sitesclouddelivery, _themes, _themesdelivery. Although you can use the following names for site pages, don’t use them for templates, themes, components, or sites: documents, sites.
- Optionally, enter a description for the component or layout.
- For local components, you can choose to insert the component directly into the page or select Create a component that renders in an iframe to enclose the component in an inline frame (using an iframe element).
- Click Create.A progress bar shows the creation status. When the component, layout, or form is created, the name appears in the list of components. You can explore the folders and files that make up the component or layout by clicking the component or layout name in the list of components.
- To select an icon other than the default icon assigned to the component or layout:
- Select the component or layout from the list.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Component Logo tab.
- Click a logo from the gallery of logos and then click Done.
For detailed information about how to create your own components, see Develop Components.
Custom Component: When you use Site Builder, the component icon is added to the Custom Components panel in the editor with the name you assigned the component.
Section Layout: When you use Site Builder, the section layout icon is added to the Section Layouts panel in the editor with the name you assigned the layout.
Content Layout: A content administrator can assign the layout to one or more content types, either as the default view or added to a list of layouts that a site designer can select in Site Builder to specify how a content item of that type is displayed on the page.
- Content Field Editor: To make a content field editor available for use when creating content types, select it and click Promote, then confirm and click OK. Once promoted, content field editors are available to control the appearance of all data fields except Media and Reference when creating content types.
- Content Form: To make a content form available for use when creating content types, select it and click Promote, then confirm and click OK. Once promoted, content forms are available for use with all content types and asset types.