Add a map to your site to let users interactively explore the area around a location.
Description of the illustration map_component.png
To add a map to the page:
- Navigate to the page you want to edit and make sure that is set to Edit.
- Add the component to the page. The Oracle map component shows a default location.
- To change the location for the map and to adjust its display properties, click its menu icon and choose Settings.
- Enter the starting Location for the map. You can use an address, zip code, or comma-separated latitude and longitude (for example, 40.5,-57.6)If you use an address, make sure you provide enough information to match a single location. If the address matches more than one location, the map remains blank.
- Specify an initial Zoom level for the map. You can optionally allow the user to adjust the zoom level using a mouse, track pad, or on-screen controls.
- Specify any style, alignment, and display options:
- Zoom: Enable on-screen and device options to allow the user to adjust the zoom level of the map.
- Pan: Enable on-screen and device options to allow the user to move the area of focus of the map.
- Display Marker: Mark the starting location with a pin icon.
- Scale: Include an indicator that shows the scale of the current zoom level.
- Overview: Include an inset map that shows the current view in a larger context.