You may have assets that aren't currently being used, but you're not ready to delete them yet. You can archive those assets. Archived assets are billed at 1/200th the cost of normal assets.
To archive an asset:
- On the Assets page, select the item you want to archive.
- Click .
To view archived assets, on the Assets page, click in the banner menu, then select Archived Assets.
Here are some things to consider when you archive assets:
- You can’t archive published assets. The asset must first be unpublished and then it can be archived. If you select a published asset, the archive option is not available.
- You can’t archive assets that are used in a site.
- You can't archive assets that are locked.
- You can't archive Video Plus assets.
- You can’t archive an asset that’s being used in a content item. For example, if an image is referenced in a content item, you can’t archive that image.
- You can't modify assets while they are archived.
- The asset's approved or rejected status is maintained when it's archived. If the asset is in review when it's archived, its status changes to draft.
- If you archive a master in a set of translated assets, all of the translations are also archived.
Manage Archived Assets
You can view, download, restore, or permanently delete an archived asset.
To view archived assets, on the Assets page, select a repository, click in the banner menu, then select Archived Assets.
You can search and filter archived assets as you would any other asset, with the addition of being able to filter by restoration status.
When you right-click or select an archived asset, or while you're viewing an archived asset, you can perform the following actions. Depending on the size of the window, you might need to click More on the Archived Assets page or while viewing an archived asset to see some of the options.
|Download the asset||To download a digital asset to your computer:
You can download only digital assets, not content items.
|View the asset's attributes||You can only view the asset's attributes while viewing the asset. To view the attributes, click Attributes in the banner menu; or , then, in the drop-down menu, select Attributes.|
|View the asset's properties||To view the asset's properties:
The properties include read-only information such as when the item was created and last updated.
|Open the asset||To open the asset, on the Archived Assets page, choose Open in the right-click menu, or click in the actions bar or on the asset tile.|
|Restore the asset||To restore an archived asset:
Restoring an asset my take up to 24 hours. While the asset is pending restoration, you'll see a banner on the asset tile saying "Restoration Scheduled".
|Cancel restoration||To cancel a pending restoration, choose Cancel Restoration.
|Permanently delete the asset||You can only delete an archived asset from the Archived Assets page. To permanently delete the asset from the repository, choose Delete in the right-click menu or click in the actions bar.|