You can view, assign, and remove asset categories to organize your assets.
Note:Categories are available only in Oracle Content and Experience, not Oracle Content and Experience-Classic.
To view and manage categories for an asset:
- Select one or more assets, and then click Categories, or click , then, in the drop-down menu, select Categories.
You see the categories assigned to the selected assets. The taxonomy abbreviation precedes the category name.
- Add or remove categories as necessary.
- To add a category, click Add. If more than one taxonomy is assigned to the repository, you can change the taxonomy selection in the drop-down list. The taxonomy listed will default to the last one you used until you log out.
- Expand the taxonomy nodes to find the category or categories in the taxonomy you want to add, make your selections, and click Add. You can add more than one category to the selected assets at a time within each taxonomy. If you want to add categories from multiple taxonomies, you must finish adding the categories from one taxonomy first before selecting categories from another.
- To remove a category, select it in the list, and then click Remove.
- If you selected more than one asset and one of the assets is assigned to a category you want to assign to all the selected assets, select the category in the list, and then click Assign to All.
- If you add or remove a category, an icon ( ) is displayed with the asset to show that it has been recategorized. Once you publish an asset that has been recategorized, the icon is removed and returns if the asset is recategorized again. Enable the Recategorized filter to see a list of all assets that have been recategorized to quickly determine which assets should be republished.
If you don't see the categories you want to assign to the asset, talk to your repository administrator to make sure the appropriate taxonomy is assigned to the repository in which this asset is stored.
If your service administrator has enabled Smart Content and created categories for your repository, then Oracle Content and Experience can review content items in a repository and suggest categories to which large groups of content items can be quickly and easily assigned.
- Click on Assets in the side navigation menu and select the repository holding the content items you want to categorize.
- Click Categories or open the More menu ( ).
- Click View Category Suggestions under Categories
or select Category Suggestions from the More
Oracle Content and Experience uses artificial intelligence to review all content items in the repository and suggest to which categories each item can be assigned. You can enter a category in the search field to quickly find the one you want, and sort the Categories with Suggestions listing by name, number of suggested content items per category, or by category path. Sorting by category path is useful if the same subcategory exists in multiple top-level categories. For example, a Blog category could be a subcategory of both a Sales category and an HR category. Sorting by path can show you to which Blog category you are assigning the content item.
- Select the category in the Categories with Suggestions list to which you want to assign content items. A listing of suggested content items is displayed. If you want to preview any content item before you assign it to a category, position your cursor over the item, or select it and click Preview ( ).
- Select the content items you want to assign to the category and click Assign to Category. If there are any content items you think are not an accurate suggestion, select them and click Reject Suggestion. Oracle Content and Experience uses this information to learn and improve the accuracy of its suggestions. If you want to see content items that you have previously rejected, click Show Rejected.