Once created, content types can be edited to add or delete data fields as necessary.
- Sign in as a content administrator in your browser and click Content under Administration in the left navigation menu.
- Select Content Types from the drop-down menu.
- Select the content type to edit and click Edit in the
banner menu.A slide-out panel shows the content type definition, displays the data fields used in the definition, and lists additional data field options.
- Add additional data fields, edit settings for current data fields, or delete
current data fields.
- To add an additional data field, drag the field from the list into the definition and supply the requested settings just as you would when creating a new content type.
- To edit settings for a current data field, click Edit next to the data field and change the settings.
- To delete a current data field, click the X next
to the data field.
Note:If a content type has published content items associated with it, then you cannot delete a data field from the content type until those content items are unpublished. If a content type has draft content items associated with it, deleting a data field from the content type also deletes the values of that data field in the associated content items.