With Video Plus enabled, you can edit Video Plus assets directly in Oracle Content and Experience, trimming videos and setting clips to fade in or out.
Here's what you see when you edit a Video Plus asset:
|1||Move the time marker to the point on the timeline where you want to make your edit. All edits happen on the video timeline. You position the time marker by clicking on the timeline at the point you want to edit, or click-and-drag the time marker on the timeline. You can also use the right arrow key to advance the time marker 1 second forward or the left arrow key to go back 1 second. Use Alt + right arrow to advance 10 seconds and Alt + left arrow to go back 10 seconds.|
|2||Split cuts a timeline into segments.|
|3||Set In designates the position of the time marker as the beginning of the video.|
|4||Set Out designates the position of the time marker as the end of the video.|
|5||Delete removes a selected segment from the timeline.|
|6||Fade In/Out smooths the start and finish of a video or the transitions from one segment to the next by fading segments in or out by the specified length of time, in seconds. An icon () is displayed on the timeline to indicate a fade is being used and on what segment.|
|7||Reset removes any edits you've made to a video as long as you haven't saved it. Clicking Close without saving a copy cancels any edits you've made.|
|8||Undo sequentially removes edits you've made from the timeline, and Redo sequentially adds edits you've removed back to the timeline.|
|9||Select Audio lets you choose which audio track to use if the video has more than one. The selected audio track is shown on the timeline.|
|10||Click Save to select whether to save the edited video as a new asset , a rendition of the asset, or a new version of the original asset.|
|11||Click-and-drag either side of the clip frame to the position you want and save to quickly trim the first or last part of the video.|
Editing a Video
- To begin, click Assets in the side navigation menu and select the repository holding the Video Plus asset you want to edit.
- Select the Video Plus asset and click Open to open the video.
- Click Edit to open the Edit tab, display the video timeline and enable the video editing tools. Your many need to click to expand the menu and see Edit. If the video has a audio track, it is shown on the timeline. If there is more than one audio track, you can click Select Audio and choose the sound track to use.
- Make your edits using the editing tools as described above.
- Click Save and select whether you want to save the edited video as a new asset, a rendition of the asset, or a new version of the original asset. If saving as a rendition, enter a name for the rendition. The name cannot exceed 28 characters.
Note:Remember, you can only edit the current version of an asset. If you edit out a segment of a video that you may want to use later for a different video, you will want to save the edited video as a new asset so you can use the original asset for additional videos.
- Click OK.