You can easily group content for a project into one manageable location (a repository) so you have everything you need at your fingertips. An asset can be a content item that represents an individual piece of content, such as a blog post, case study, or product information; or a digital asset that represents an image, video, or other type of media that you need in your experiences.
Note:Assets are only available to enterprise users.
If you're using Oracle Content Management Starter Edition, you have limited asset support:
- Only 5,000 assets for free
- Includes out-of-the-box asset types for images, videos, and files
- Only 5 custom asset types
- No image editing or custom renditions (supports automated renditions)
- No support for Video Plus
- No support for translation jobs
- No support for smart authoring
- No support for the Adobe Creative Cloud extension
To increase the number of assets and take advantage of the full feature set, upgrade to the Premium Edition.
As an asset user, you can perform the following tasks:
- Take a quick tour about using digital assets (English only)
- Get to Know the Assets Page
- Create Assets
- Organize Assets
- View Assets
- Review Assets
- Lock or Unlock Assets
- Localize Assets
- Publish Assets
- Archive Assets
- Delete Assets
- Manage Digital Assets
- Manage Content Items
- Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Extension
- Use Collections
- Use Recommendations
- To add assets to sites, see Work with Assets and Content Items (asset repositories only).