Integration with Responsys lets you insert published assets from an Oracle Content Management asset repository into Responsys Email and Mobile campaigns. Using Oracle Content Management as a single source for all images saves rework because you can find your images easily.
Responsys users can leverage the extensive asset repositories in Oracle Content Management to store content while using Responsys to design campaigns. When you design Email and Mobile campaigns, this integration gives you the option to insert published image assets from Oracle Content Management into your campaigns. You can choose digital assets from an Oracle Content Management publishing channel through the Responsys application.
This is an overview of the Responsys integration with Oracle Content Management:
Then you can create and publish assets in Oracle Content Management and view images in Responsys Message preview.
For more detailed information, see the Responses documentation in the Oracle Help Center.
Choose an Asset Repository and Create Two Publishing Channels
When you design an Email or Mobile campaign, you will choose assets from the publishing channel for the appropriate campaign type. Responsys will automatically filter content assets in Oracle Content Management according to the campaign you are designing.
After you choose an asset repository in Oracle Content Management, create and share two publishing channels: a mobile channel and an email channel. Oracle suggests creating channels that are specifically for Responsys. See Create and Share Publishing Channels.
In Responsys, you can choose Oracle Content Management assets from these channels.
Enable the Integration
You can enable the integration between Oracle Responsys and the Oracle Content Management account from Responsys.
In Oracle Responsys, choose Oracle Content Management Cloud Integration from the Integrate menu.
This feature is available only if it is enabled for your account.
Configure an Oracle Content Management Cloud account
- From the side navigation bar in Responsys, select Account.
- Select Integration settings, and then choose Content Management Cloud settings.
- Provide the following details about your Oracle Content Management
instance to configure your publishing channels:
- CEC API Version: Your Oracle Content Management version.
- CEC Publish Server URL Prefix: The URL of your Oracle Content Management instance.
- Email Channel ID: The ID of the Email channel, which is automatically generated when you create the channel.
- Email Channel Token: The Email channel token, which is automatically generated when you create the channel.
- Mobile Channel ID: The Mobile channel ID, which is automatically generated when you create the channel.
- Mobile Channel Token: The Mobile channel token,which is automatically generated when you create the channel.
- Click Save.
Enable Oracle Content Management Embedded Content
In Oracle Content Management administration security settings, enable embedded content and add the Responsys URL. Then you can embed the Oracle Content Management web UI in Responsys.
Create and Publish Assets in Oracle Content Management
You can create and publish assets in Oracle Content Management to use in Responsys.
- Create an HTML file.
- Edit the HTML file in your ResponSys rich text editor.
- Open the image browser.
The browser displays the available image libraries:
Description of the illustration image-browser.png
- Display the Oracle Content Management asset picker.
The asset picker opens on the Digital Assets page, which displays published assets in the Oracle Content Management account. If you don't see an asset you want, you can use the drop-down menu on the left to navigate different asset collections. Or you can upload and publish an image in Oracle Content Management.
Description of the illustration digital-assets-all-oce.png
- Pick one of the assets, and click OK.
The Image dialog opens and displays a thumbnail of the image and properties that you can set for it:
- Title text
- Alternative text
- Link URL, which makes the image clickable.
- Set the properties you want.
- Click Apply to insert the image into
To view the URL to the image in Content Management, you can click Source. In a live production environment, this would be an asset pointing directly to the content delivery network, so that the asset is accessible.
- Open the image browser.
View Images in Responsys Message Preview
To preview Oracle Content Management images in Responsys, you can use the Responsys Message Preview.
- On the Oracle Responsys Manage
campaigns page, choose Create
campaign from the drop-down menu on the right,
and create an Email or Mobile campaign.
Description of the illustration create-campaign.png
- Create a new HTML document.
- Add a block in the HTML file for an image.
Description of the illustration add-image-html-file.png
- After the image is visible, you can click
Preview to preview it in an email
Description of the illustration message-preview-image.png