Projects contain visualizations that help you explore your content in productive and meaningful ways. When you create a project you must select one or more data sources containing the data that you want to explore. You can select Oracle Applications, databases, or uploaded data files as data sources.
- Create or open a data visualization project that you want to add the data source to.
- To create a new project, go to the Home Page and in the Create pane, click Project. The Add Data Source dialog is displayed.
- Locate an existing project by using the Home Page search or by browsing the project thumbnails shown on the Home Page. Click the projects Actions menu and select Open. From within the project, go to the Data Elements pane, right-click, and select Add Data Source. The Add Data Source dialog is displayed.
- In the Add Data Source dialog, browse for and select the data source with the data that you want to add to your project. If you don’t see the data source that you want, then you can search for it or click Create New Data Source to create it.
- Click Add to Project.
- If you want to add a second data source to the project, then go to the project’s Data Elements pane, right-click, and select Add Data Source. When you add two or more data sources to a project, they must match. Sometimes the system matches them automatically, but sometimes you need to match them manually using the Source Diagram option. If the data sources don’t match, then the additional data sources you added aren’t displayed in the Data Elements pane, but are displayed in the Data Sources pane. See Blending Data That You Added.
- Add data elements to begin building your project and visualizations. See Adding Data Elements to Visualizations.