You can use the Data Sources page to see all of the available data sources.
You can also use the Data Sources page to examine data source properties, change column properties such as the aggregation type, set permissions, and delete data sets that you no longer need to free up space. Data storage quota and space usage information is displayed, so that you can quickly see how much space is free.
- On the Home page, click Data Sources.
- On the Data Sources page, locate the data source that you want to manage, and click Options. The options available in the drop-down list depend on the data source type.
- Optionally, use the Inspect option to review data source columns and change the data source properties. For example, you can change the Product Number column’s aggregation type to Minimum.
- Optionally, use the Inspect option to change whether to treat data source columns as measures or attributes. You can't change how a column is treated if it’s already matched to a measure or attribute in the data model. See Blending Data That You Added.
- Optionally, use the Inspect option to specify the permissions that users and roles have for the data.You’re allowed to set permissions on some data sources, such as uploaded data sets. See Controlling Sharing of Data You Added.
- Optionally, use the Inspect option to change the Query Mode for a database table. The default is Live because database tables are typically large and shouldn’t be copied to cache. If your table is small, then select Auto and the data is copied into the cache if possible. If you select Auto, then you have to refresh the data when it’s stale.
- Optionally, download a data source created from a Microsoft Excel file by clicking Options and selecting Download Excel. Note that the columns in the download match the columns in the file that you originally uploaded. Any derived columns that you added in the Visualization editor’s Prepare canvas aren’t included in the data source download.
- Optionally, update data for a data source created from a Microsoft Excel file or Oracle Applications by clicking Options and selecting Reload Data.
Note:If you have Full Control permissions, you can grant permissions to others and delete uploaded data sets, but be careful not to delete a data file that is still a data source for projects. See Deleting Data that You Added.