You can export database cloud schemas to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage Classic, download the
.dmp file and import the file to an on-premises Oracle Database, or to another cloud database, or to Exadata Express.
To export a database schema:
- Go to the Manage page of the Exadata Express service console and click Export to Cloud Storage. See About Manage.The Export to Cloud Storage window displays with a list of recent schema exports. For a new user, the list is empty.
- Click Create Export.The Export to Cloud Storage window displays.
Description of the illustration create_export_schema.jpg
- Provide the URL to the Cloud Storage Container. The URL
is displayed on the Service Details page of your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Object Storage Classic account. For example,
foorefers to the Oracle Cloud Identity Domain of the storage service instance. The Create new container if it does not already exist check-box is selected by default. Deselect the check-box if you want to export schemas to an existing folder.The schema exports are placed in a folder called
ContainerNamethat is provided at the end of the example URL.
Description of the illustration create_schema_export.jpg
- Provide the Cloud Storage User Name. The following is the format:
- Enter the Cloud Storage Password.
- A default file name is displayed for Export File Name field.You can change the default name.
- Select the schemas that you want to export from the Schemas to Export list.
- Optionally select Include Data and click Create Export.
Schema exports can be overwritten if the export file name is same as an earlier existing name.The newly exported schema appears in the list of exports on the Export to Cloud Storage window.
Description of the illustration cancel_export_schema.jpg
The process takes few minutes to export and during this period, you can cancel an export by clicking Cancel Export next to recent schema export appearing in the list of exports.
- Download the export file from web console of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage Classic by clicking on the Actions drop-down and selecting Download .
Downloading an Object in Using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage Classic