You can import database cloud schemas from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage Classic container from the Manage page of the Exadata Express service console.
Only schemas previously exported from Exadata Express or Schema Service can be imported into Exadata Express. The source and destination accounts can be from different identity domains.
- Go to the Manage page of the Exadata Express service console and click Import from Cloud Storage. See About Manage.The Import from Cloud Storage window displays with a list of recent schema imports. For a new user, the list is empty.
- Click Create Import.The Create Import Storage window displays.
- Provide the URL of the Cloud Storage Container. The URL
is displayed on the Service Details page of your Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Object Storage Classic account. For example,
foorefers to the Oracle Cloud Identity Domain of the storage service instance. The schema exports are placed in a folder called
ContainerNamethat is provided at the end of the example URL.
To import Schema Service schema, select the export file that you created using Exporting Your Database Schema in Using Oracle Database Cloud Schema Service.
- Provide the Cloud Storage User Name. The following is the format:
For further details on the URL and format of the credentials, see Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage Classic documentation.
- Enter the Cloud Storage Password.
- Click Next.This step takes the user to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage Classic where a list of exports are available. If you don't see the expected export files listed, verify the specified container name. To see the export files in another container, click Previous button.
- Select the export file and click Create Import.The newly imported schema appears in the list of imports on the Import from Cloud Storage window.
The process takes few minutes to import and during this period, you can cancel an import by clicking Cancel Import next to recent schema import appearing in the list of imports. Imported schemas will have a suffix added if the schema already exists.