Add a Replicat for Oracle Database
A Replicat is a process that delivers data to a target database or technology. It reads the trail file on the target, reconstructs the DML or DDL operations, and then applies them to the target. Learn to add a Replicat for Oracle Database, OCI Autonomous Databases, Oracle Exadata, and Amazon RDS for Oracle technologies.
Create a Checkpoint table
Before you add a Replicat, create a checkpoint table to ensure the Replicat can restart without recapturing reapplying transactions should a disruption occur.
- In the OCI GoldenGate deployment console navigation menu, click Configuration.
- In the Administration Service tab, go to the Database tab.
- Click the database connect icon for the target database.
- Click Add Checkpoint (plus icon).
- For Checkpoint Table, enter the target schema name, and then click Submit.
- Reconnect to the target database.
Add a Replicat
- In the OCI GoldenGate deployment console, on the Administration Service Overview page, click Add Replicat (plus icon).
- On the Add Replicat page, select a Replicat type, and then click
Next.The Replicat types are:
- Parallel Replicat
- Integrated Replicat
- Coordinated Replicat
- Classic Replicat
- On the Replicat Options page, under Basic Information, complete
the following fields as needed:
- For Process Name, enter a name for the Replicat
- (Optional) For Description, enter a brief description to distinguish this Replicat from others.
- For Intent, select the Replicat's purpose:
- High Availability
- Disaster Recovery
- Unidirectional (default)
- For Credential Domain and Credential Alias, select the target database domain and alias, or create a new credential.
- For Source, select the source of data to process, either Trail or File.
- If the source is Trail, then for Trail Name, enter the name of the Extract trail.
- If the source is Trail and you expect the trail file to be in a location other than the default, then enter the location for Trail Subdirectory.
- For Begin, select the starting point for data
- Position in Log
- Custom Time
- For Transaction Log Sequence Number, leave the default value or enter a transaction log sequence number.
- For Transaction Log RBA Offset, leave the default value or enter an offset value.
- For Checkpoint Table, leave the default selection or select the checkpoint table you created for the target deployment.
- Under Encryption Profile, select a profile name. If an
encryption profile wasn't created, the Local Wallet is selected by default.
- Encryption Profile Type
- Masterkey Name
- Under Managed Options, select Critical to deployment health, and then completed the other fields as needed.
- Click Next.
- On the Parameter File page, you can specify parameters to further
configure your Replicat.
Note:GoldenGate uses Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) by default. Use SETENV to override the default setting. For example:
setenv (TZ="US/Eastern") setenv (TZ="GMT+5")
Learn more about SETENV.
- Click Create and Run. If you click Create, then you can manually start the Replicat later from the Administration Service Overview page.
Add a Replicat for Oracle Database
Copyright © 2022, Oracle and/or its affiliates.
For information about Oracle's commitment to accessibility, visit the Oracle Accessibility Program website at http://www.oracle.com/pls/topic/lookup?ctx=acc&id=docacc.
Access to Oracle Support
Oracle customers that have purchased support have access to electronic support through My Oracle Support. For information, visit http://www.oracle.com/pls/topic/lookup?ctx=acc&id=info or visit http://www.oracle.com/pls/topic/lookup?ctx=acc&id=trs if you are hearing impaired.