Oracle Cloud Infrastructure GoldenGate enables you to send data from an OCI GoldenGate deployment to an on premise or Marketplace Oracle GoldenGate deployment using a Receiver Server Path. The following steps guide you through how to set up and run this replication model.
Before You Begin
You must have the following in order to proceed:
- An existing source database
- An existing on premise or Marketplace Oracle GoldenGate instance
- The Oracle GoldenGate client wallet password
Set Up and Run this Model
- Create an OCI GoldenGate deployment.
- Download the root certificate for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- In your Chrome browser address bar, click the padlock icon, and then click Certificate (Verified).
- In the Certificate window, click Certification Path, select DigiCert, and then click View Certificate.
- Ensure that Issued reads DigiCert Global Root CA, click Details, and then Copy to File.
- In the Certificate Export Wizard, click Next, select Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER), and then click Next.
- Click Browse to save the file to your local drive.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
- Upload the certificate to the on premise Oracle GoldenGate
- Open a terminal window, and then navigate to the Oracle GoldenGate install directory.
- Change directories to the
<deployment>/etc/ssldirectory, and then change to the client wallet directory.
- Run orapki to add the certificate to the
orapki wallet add -wallet ./ -trusted_cert -cert <certificate_name>
- When prompted, enter the wallet password.
- Restart the Oracle GoldenGate Distribution and Receiver
- Open the Oracle GoldenGate Service Manager in your web browser.
- In the list of services, locate the Distribution Server, and then select Stop from its Action menu.
- Repeat step 4b for the Receiver Server.
- When the status is Stopped for both the Distribution and Receiver Servers, select Start from their Action menus to restart them.
- Add a Credential to allow Oracle GoldenGate to connect to OCI
- Launch the OCI GoldenGate Deployment Console from the Deployment Details page.
- Log in, and then use the navigation menu to access the Administrator page.
- Click Add User, and then create a use that Oracle GoldenGate can use to connect to OCI GoldenGate. Assign this user the Operator role.
- In the on premise Oracle GoldenGate WebUI, navigate to the Administration Server Configuration page.
- Under the Database tab, click Add
Credential, and then complete the following:
- Credential Domain: Enter a name for this connection
- Credential Alias: Enter an alias
- User ID: Enter the name of the user created in step 5c.
- Password and Verify Password: Enter the password associated with this user.
- Click Submit.
- Add a Receiver Server Path with the following:
- Path Name: Enter a name for this path
- Reverse Proxy enabled? Enable
- Use Basic Authentication: Enable
- Source Host: Enter the OCI GoldenGate hostname in the following format,
Note:You can copy and paste the Console URL From your OCI GoldenGate Deployment Details page, and remove the https:// protocol.
- Source Trail Name: Enter the name of the OCI GoldenGate trail file to send to Oracle GoldenGate
- Source Deployment Name: Enter the OCI GoldenGate Deployment name
- Source Domain: Enter the domain name you created in step 5e
- Source Alias: Enter the alias you created in step 5e
- Target: Enter a two-character name for the Trail file when it is received by Oracle GoldenGate
- Monitor performance.
Variations to This Model