By activating notifications, you enable Oracle Identity Cloud Service to send notifications to users and administrators.
- In the Identity Cloud Service console, expand the Navigation Drawer, click Settings, and then click Notifications.
- Turn on the Status switch.
- To send a validation email to the postmaster account of the email’s domain, click Domain. After the domain is verified, any email address from the domain is valid.
To send a validation email to the email address that you enter in the From Email Address field, click Email. Unlike the Domain option, a validation is initiated for every email address even though they’re from the same domain.
- In the From Email Address field, enter the email address that will appear in the From Email field for all notifications.
- Click Save. If you selected Domain in step 2, then an email notification will be sent to the postmaster to verify the email address and validate the domain associated with the address. Otherwise, if you selected Email, then a validation email will be sent to the email address that you entered in the From Email Address field.
- In the Confirmation window, click OK.
- If you see a Pending Domain Verification or Pending Email Verification status, then click Check Status.Oracle Identity Cloud Service checks whether verification is done to the email address through the email sent to the postmaster or email account. If it's verified, then the status changes from Pending Domain Verification to Domain Verified or from Pending Email Verification to Email Verified. If it's not verified, then the status remains as Pending Domain Verification or Pending Email Verification.
- If the email address isn't verified, then access the notification that's sent to the email address you provided, click the verification link in the notification, and click Check Status again. The status will change to Email Verified.
- If the domain isn't verified, then contact the postmaster of your company so that the postmaster can verify the domain associated with the email address.