If you’re creating your own user interface, or you’re using either the Details tab of the Users page of the Identity Cloud Service console or the My Profile Details tab of the My Profile console, and you don’t see a field that you need, then you can create it.
To do this, extend the Oracle Identity Cloud Service user schema. This schema has two types of attributes: out-of-the-box (base) attributes and custom attributes.
If you don’t find a schema attribute that you need from the list of base Oracle Identity Cloud Service schema attributes, then you can use the Schema Management page to add a custom attribute.
- In the Identity Cloud Service console, expand the Navigation Drawer, click Settings, and then click Schema Management.
- Click the User schema.
- Click Add.
Important:After you create a custom schema attribute, if data exists for that attribute, then you can't remove it.
- Use the following table to populate the fields of the Add
Field Description Display name The attribute name that appears in the Schema Management page, the Details tab of the Users page of the Identity Cloud Service console, and the My Profile Details tab of the My Profile console. Name The attribute name that's recognized by the Oracle Identity Cloud Service server. Description Provide further information related to its usage and other details that helps the user identify this attribute. Data type If the value for this attribute can contain alphanumeric characters, special characters, or spaces, then select String for the data type. If you want to create a multivalued attribute, then select String Array. Min length Select the minimum length of the attribute value. The minimum value allowed is 1. Max length Select the maximum length of the attribute value. The maximum value allowed is 4,000. Searchable If this check box is selected, then the values for this attribute can be used in searches. If it's not selected, then the values can't be used for searches. End-user permissions
Select the permission that you want to set for this attribute. Because this is a user permission, and not an administrator one, it applies to an attribute that's associated with the My Profile Details tab of the My Profile console only.
You can grant the following permissions:
- Hide: The attribute won’t appear in the My Profile Details tab of the My Profile console.
- Set Once: The user can provide a value for the attribute and save it, and then afterward, this becomes a read-only attribute.
- Read Only: The user can see but can’t modify the value associated with this attribute.
- Read-Write: The user can see and modify the value associated with this attribute.
- Click OK.
Tip:Open the custom attribute to find its fully qualified name (FQN).