If you are creating your own user interface, and you do not find a schema attribute that you need in the base Oracle Identity Cloud Service schema attributes, you can add your own custom attribute using the Oracle Identity Cloud Service user interface.
- In the Identity Cloud Service console, expand the Navigation Drawer, click Settings, and then click Schema Management.
- Click the Action menu for the User schema, and then select Edit Schema.
- Click Add.
Important:Once you create a custom schema attribute, if data exists for that attribute, you cannot delete it.
- Complete the attribute details.
- Display name: The attribute name that appears in the Attributes page.
- Name: The attribute name that is recognized by the Oracle Identity Cloud Service server.
- Description: Provide further information related to its usage and other details that helps the user identify this attribute.
- Data type: Select String for numerical values or String array for alpha numeric values.
- Min length: Select the minimum length of the attribute value. Minimum value allowed is 1.
- Max length: Select the maximum length of the attribute value. The maximum allowed value is 4000.
- Searchable: If this check box is selected, then the values for this attribute can be used in searches. If it's not selected, then the values can't be used for searches.
- Click Save.
Tip:Open the custom attribute to find the custom attribute FQN.