After viewing details about a user account, you can modify the account by editing attribute values for the user account.
- In the Identity Cloud Service console, expand the Navigation Drawer, and then click Users.
- Click the user account that you want to modify.
- Click Details.
- Modify an attribute value for the user account by:
- Entering a value in the attribute field (for example, the City field).
- Turning on or off a switch (for example, the Federated switch).
- Selecting a value from the drop-down list (for example, a Microsoft Active Directory (AD) domain from the Authenticated By list).
Note:You can't edit attribute values for your user account. To do this, access the My Profile Details tab of the My Profile console. S
A new feature of Oracle Identity Cloud Service is delegated authentication. Delegated authentication allows identity domain administrators and security administrators to specify whether users can use their Oracle Identity Cloud Service or AD passwords to sign in to Oracle Identity Cloud Service to access resources protected by Oracle Identity Cloud Service, such as the My Profile console, Identity Cloud Service console, and apps assigned to the user.
For example, suppose you configured delegated authentication for an AD Bridge in Oracle Identity Cloud Service so that a user can use their AD password to authenticate into Oracle Identity Cloud Service. Or, perhaps the user's account can be synchronized between AD and Oracle Identity Cloud Service from more than one bridge.
From the Authenticated By list, you can select which AD domain contains the user's credentials to sign in to Oracle Identity Cloud Service. Or, select Oracle Identity Cloud Service to have the user sign in with their Oracle Identity Cloud Service password.
Note:If you don’t see a value in the Authenticated By list, click View Authentication Source. If you configured delegated authentication for this user account, then the AD Bridge associated with the user’s AD domain appears. Otherwise, Oracle Identity Cloud Service is displayed.
- After editing attribute values for the user account, click Update User.