The password policy that you set applies to all users in your identity domain.
To set the password policy for your identity domain, you must be assigned to either the identity domain administrator role or the security administrator role. See Add or Remove a User Account from an Administrator Role.
- In the Identity Cloud Service console, expand the Navigation Drawer, click Settings, and then click Password Policy.
- Click Change Your Password Policy.
- Click the button that represents the type of policy that you want to set for your identity domain (Simple, Standard, or Custom).
- Click Save.
- In the Save Password Policy dialog box, select the Force all users to set a new password on their next login. check box.
Do this to ensure that their passwords meet the criteria for the policy before the users can use Oracle Identity Cloud Service.
Otherwise, don't select the Force all users to set a new password on their next login. check box. The password policy applies to users only when they are created or when they reset their passwords.
- Complete one of the following actions:
- To save the updated password policy, click OK.
- To reinstate the previously saved password policy, click Cancel.