If you skipped enrolling in 2-Step Verification when you signed in to Oracle Identity Cloud Service, then you can do so from the Security tab of the My Profile console.
2-Step Verification is an authentication method that requires you to use more than one way of verifying your identity, providing a second layer of security to your accounts.After you enter your user name and password at the login page, you use a second verification method, such as a passcode that is sent as an SMS to your mobile device. This prevents anyone but you from logging in, even if they know your password. There are two ways to set up 2-Step Verification for your account, during 2-Step Verification enrollment or using the My Profile console.
There are many 2-Step Verification methods that you can set up. The methods that are available to you for set up are selected by your identity domain administrator or security administrator.
- Mobile App: Use a mobile app to generate a time-based passcode (OTP). A prompt appears for you to enter the passcode that you obtain from the mobile app. Or, a login request is sent to the mobile app and you tap Allow to authenticate.
- Mobile Number: Send a passcode as a text message (SMS) to your phone that you then enter on the page.
- Security Questions: Answer security questions.
- Recovery Email or Email: Send an OTP to your email address.
Note:Your administrator determines whether you see options for Recovery Email, Email, or both.
- Bypass Code: Generate a bypass code and store it for later use. You can also contact an administrator to obtain a bypass code for access.
- Duo Security: If Duo Security is enabled, use Duo Security as an MFA factor.
The following topics provide more information on managing your 2-Step Verification methods from the Security page.
- Configure an Additional 2–Step Verification Method from the My Profile Console
- Remove a 2–Step Verification Method
- Rename a 2–Step Verification Method
- Manage Security Questions
- Generate a Bypass Code
- Use a Bypass Code
- Remove a Trusted Device
- Set a Default Verification Method
- Change Your Default Verification Method Using the My Profile Console