The AS2 Adapter enables you to create an integration between an AS2 trading partner and Oracle Integration. Applicability Statement 2 (AS2) is a protocol for transporting structured business-to-business (B2B) data securely and reliably over the internet. Security is achieved by using digital certificates, encryption, and message compression.
The AS2 Adapter provides the following benefits:
Trigger and invoke connections for handling inbound and outbound AS2 messages.
Encryption/decryption, signing/signature verification, and compression/decompression of messages as per AS2 specifications.
Supports the following payload types: EDI, XML, or anything that AS2 can support.
- Establishes a connection to the AS2-compliant B2B system to enable sending or receiving messages.
- Supports receiving and sending business messages or MDN acknowledgments.
- Enables you to configure outbound and inbound message delivery using the Adapter Endpoint Configuration Wizard.
- Sends business messages and consumes synchronous MDN acknowledgment in the outbound direction. Produces an encrypted, signed, and compressed business message.
- Consumes business messages and MDN acknowledgments in the inbound direction. Synchronous and asynchronous MDN acknowledgment deliveries are supported.
- Supports basic and advanced security policies.
The AS2 Adapter is one of many predefined adapters included with Oracle Integration. You can configure the AS2 Adapter as a trigger or an invoke connection in an integration in Oracle Integration.
See What Is B2B for Oracle Integration in Using B2B with Oracle Integration.