Oracle Database Cloud Service Adapter Restrictions
Note the following Oracle Database Cloud Service Adapter restrictions in Oracle Integration.
- Control characters are not supported. The default transformation format
in Oracle Integration is UTF-8.
If you need to process data with control characters, you can try a Base64 encoding transformation and decode it on the stored procedure side.
- The database password length cannot exceed 20 characters.
- Database schema names with hyphens (
-) are not supported.
- All integrations that
include stored procedure, PureSQL, or operation on table
database operations must finish within 240 seconds.
Otherwise, the query times out and a
Limit Exceedederror occurs.
- For direct connections (configured without using the connectivity agent), the Oracle Database Cloud Service Adapter can only be used for making outbound invocations as an invoke connection. This type of Oracle Database Cloud Service Adapter-specific connection cannot be configured as a trigger connection in an integration. Use cases related to inbound polling must be implemented using the scheduled orchestration integration pattern.
- The PL/SQL boolean type is not supported as an IN/OUT parameter in a stored procedure if the target database is version 18c or higher. However, you can create a wrapper stored procedure that converts a PL/SQL boolean type to an integer and uses that wrapper stored procedure in Oracle Integration.
- The Oracle Database Cloud Service
Adapter uses JDBC drivers to interact with the database and is restricted by JDBC driver
constraints. Therefore, the nested PL/SQL type (for example, a
RECORDtype inside a
TABLEtype) is not supported as an IN/OUT parameter in a stored procedure if the target database is version 18c or higher. However, you can define
Note:There are overall service limits with Oracle Integration. A service limit is the quota or allowance set on a resource. See Service Limits.