You can translate a message to or from the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) format in an orchestrated integration with the EDI translate action. This action invokes the EDI Translate Action Wizard to guide you through configuration with the EDI X12 document standard. The EDI translate action translates an incoming EDI document into an Oracle Integration XML message and translates an outgoing Oracle Integration XML message into an EDI X12 document.
Note:This section provides an overview of how to add an EDI translate action to an orchestrated or scheduled integration. For complete integration design details, see Create Application-Driven Orchestrated Integrations in Using Integrations in Oracle Integration.
- From the left navigation pane of the Oracle Integration home page, select Integrations.
- Click Create, then select to create an App Driven Integration or Scheduled Integration.
- Design your integration. For example, add a trigger connection if you created an App Driven Integration.
- Add an EDI translate action to the integration in either of the following
The EDI Translate Action Wizard is displayed.
- On the right side of the canvas, click and drag the EDI Translate icon to the appropriate location.
- Click at the location where you want to add the action, then select EDI Translate.
- Enter a name and optional description, then click Next.
- Specify the message translation and document format details.
Element Description Select the direction in which to translate the message
- Inbound EDI message to Oracle Integration message: When an integration receives an EDI document from a business partner, it is considered an inbound document (an EDI document is translated to XML).
- Oracle Integration message to outbound EDI message: When an integration sends an EDI document to a business partner, it is considered an outbound document (an EDI document is generated from XML).
Document Standard The document standard identifies the business protocol to follow when exchanging business documents between partners. EDI X12 is automatically selected for use and cannot be deselected. Document Version Lists the supported versions of the EDI X12 standard. Select the document version to use. Document Type Select the document type (for example, purchase order, invoice, shipping notice, or others). The document types available for selection are based on the document version you selected. Document Definition Select the document definition (either Standard or a custom document definition that you created on the B2B Documents page). EDI Character Encoding Select the character encoding that the inbound EDI document is expected to use. Perform validations on input data
- Yes: Validates the structure and data of an inbound EDI message. Enabling message validation has an impact on performance. If errors are found, translation does not succeed.
- No: Errors are ignored during translation and the message is passed through in its current format.
- Click Next.
- Specify to optionally upload sample data to test that translation is
Element Description Select sample data to upload Click Browse to upload a sample. To test inbound EDI message translation, upload an EDI document. To test outbound EDI message generation, upload an XML document. Translate Click to translate your sample data. Output is displayed in the Output of translation field. Any errors are displayed in the Error in translation field.
- Click Next.
- Review your selections on the Summary page, then click Done.