After you create groups and add users to groups, you can assign roles and provide access to services and instances to all the members of the group at once.
Note that this action assigns the selected roles to all the users in the group in a batch. You can’t assign roles individually if you select the group role assignment.
- Sign in to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console.
- Click in the top left corner of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console.
- Click Platform Services, then Integration.The Oracle Integration Console is displayed.
- Click Users in the top corner. Select the Groups tab.
- On the Groups list page, click the group for which you want to assign roles.
- Click the Roles tab.
- Optionally, use the Filter by Service box to search for specific services, if required. By default, the Roles page displays all services in your cloud account. If you want to assign roles for a specific service and its instances, delete All Services from the Filter by Service box, then select your service from the list or enter the service name.
- From the Show drop-down list, select one of the following:
Only Services: Lists all services. Select this if you want to assign roles to group members to be able to provision and administer cloud services in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console.
Only Instances: Lists all instances. Select this if you want to give access to group member for specific instances.
- Both Services and Instances: Lists all services and instances. If you selected a specific service in the Filter by Service box, it lists that service and all its instances.
- In the search result, go to the service or instance for which you want to assign roles to group members.
- For your service or instance, click the text box and select the required role from the drop-down list.
For example, to assign the ServiceUser role for an instance, select Only Instances from the Show drop-down list. Then in the search result, go to your instance, click the text box below the instance name and select the ServiceUser (Service instance user role) role.