You can increase or decrease the number of message packs for your instance based on the demand. The maximum number of message packs for an instance is based on your license type. For a bring your own license type (BYOL), the instance can have a maximum of 3 message packs and each message pack adds 20K Messages per Hour Pack to your instance. If you don’t have a BYOL license type, the instance can have a maximum of 12 message packs and each message pack adds 5K Messages per Hour Pack to your instance.
- Sign in to My Services Console.
- In the Oracle Integration console, click the name of your Oracle Integration instance.
- In the Service Overview page, click Manage this instance and select Scale Service.The Scale Service dialog opens.
- In the Scale Service dialog, specify the following options:
Type of change, increase or decrease: Select Increase capacity to add message pack to your instance or select Decrease capacity to remove the message pack from your instance.
Enter the number of 20K Messages Per Hour Packs: Enter a number of message packs that you want to increase or decrease. This is an example of BYOL license and thus shows 20K Messages Per Hour Packs.
- Click Scale Service.
For a successful scaling request, you’ll see the following message in the Service Overview page:
Your scaling request was accepted.
- After a few moments, click Refresh to update the page.You might need to click the icon more than once to see any change to the page.
- Note the change in the number of message packs in the Overview page has changed as per your scaling request.