When you create an instance in Oracle Integration Classic, relevant database schemas are created in the associated Oracle Database Cloud Service (DBaaS) instance. These database schemas are required for Oracle Integration Classic to function properly.
Some of these database schemas are associated with:
- The core Oracle Integration Classic functionality (such as Integration, Process, and Visual Builder).
- The non-Oracle Integration Classic-specific functionality such as OPSS and other critical services that Oracle Integration Classic depends on.
These database schemas are used within the data sources defined for the Oracle Integration Classic instance.
For security reasons, the password for the database schemas expires after 180 days. If the password expires, it disrupts the functionality of the Oracle Integration Classic instance and potentially leads to system downtime. It is highly recommended that you update the database schema password within 180 days of the instance creation as described below in this section.
We strongly recommend that you note the new password. It will be required for subsequent instance patching attempts.
If you actively use Visual Builder, file a service request to get help from Oracle Support to complete the standard operating procedures required for the Visual Builder specific schemas.
Change the Database Schema Password
This topic does not apply to Oracle Cloud at Customer.
- Access your service console.
- Click the name of the service instance whose schema password you want to change.
- At the bottom of the Overview page, expand Associations.
- From the list of associations for this service instance, identity the association with these characteristics:
- Service Type - Oracle Database Cloud Service
- Type - Depends On
- Click Manage Association for this association, and then select Update Database Credentials.
- Complete the following input fields:
Database Administrator Username
Enter the name of the system administrator for the selected database deployment.
Database Administrator Password
Enter the password for the database administrator.
New Schema Password
Enter a new password for the Oracle schemas in the selected database deployment.
- Click Update.
You can monitor the operation’s progress from this page or from the Activity page.