You can invoke a process from an orchestrated integration. When you drag the process node into an integration, the Select Process wizard is invoked and prompts you to select an application workspace and a process to be invoked.
To invoke a process from an orchestrated integration:
Note:When calling a process from an integration, use OAuth-based authentication. Client ID/secret-based authentication is not supported for integration-to-process calls.
- In the left navigation pane, click Home > Integrations > Integrations.
- In the upper right, click Create.
- Select App Driven Orchestration.The Create New Integration dialog is displayed.
- Complete the fields to create an orchestrated integration, then click Create.
- Add a process action to an integration in either of the following ways:
The Process Selection wizard is displayed.
- On the right side of the canvas, click and drag the Process action to the appropriate location.
- Click at the location where you want to add the process action, then select Process.
- On the Basic Info page, enter a name and optional description, then click Next.
- On the Select Process page, enter the following details:
- In the Application list, select the application workspace. The available application workspaces are displayed for the process instance.
- In the Process (Message Based Pattern) field, select the process name. The process must already be activated and must be an asynchronous, message-based process to be visible for selection.
- If your process has multiple operations, select an operation from the Operation list. Processes typically have only a single operation that is selected by default.
- To use the default version of the process, select the Use
Default Process Version check box. Selecting this check
box causes the default process version to be triggered regardless of the
version you selected.For example, assume the process you selected in the Process (Message Based Pattern) field is using process version 4.0, and the process version is later upgraded to version 4.1. By selecting this check box, your integration doesn't need to be modified to call the latest default process version. The integration automatically starts using the latest default version of the process (for this example, version 4.1).
- Click Next.
- On the Summary page, confirm your selections and click Done.A process node with a map is displayed to provide the inputs to invoke the process. The map may contain one or more schemas and one or more complex or primitive types depending on the interface defined for the process.
- Complete the design and save the integration.
- Activate and invoke the integration.Every time a process is invoked, a new instance of the process is created.