The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Streaming Service Adapter enables you to create an integration in Oracle Integration that connects to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Streaming Service.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Streaming Service provides a fully managed, scalable, and durable storage solution for using continuous, high-volume streams of data that you can consume and process in real time. You can use streaming for messaging, using high-volume data such as application logs, operational telemetry, web click-stream data, or other use cases in which data is produced and processed continually and sequentially in a publish-subscribe messaging model. See Streaming Service Overview.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Streaming Service Adapter provides the following benefits:
- Establishes a connection to the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Streaming Service to enable messages to be published and consumed.
- Consumes messages from a specific partition and produces messages to a specific partition.
- Supports the ability to consume records from the latest or from the beginning.
- Supports the ability to consume only a few records out of the record set.
- Supports specifying the offset from which to consume records. Along with the offset, a partition must be provided. This appears when you try to map incoming data (which contains offset, partition) to the outbound consume operation that also exposes the same variables.
- Supports headers.
- Supports trigger-based consumption of messages from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Streaming Service based on the frequency specified.
- Supports the following message structures:
- Avro schema
This schema is applicable for the following scenarios:
- Producing and consuming messages - Invoke connections (supported with both direct connectivity and the connectivity agent)
- Consuming messages - Trigger connections (supported with the connectivity agent only)
- Sample JSON
- XML schema (XSD) and schema archive upload
- Sample XML
- Avro schema
- Supports the Security Layer (SASL) Plain over SSL security policy.
- Supports direct connectivity to an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Streaming Service over SSL without use of the connectivity agent.
- Supports connectivity to an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Streaming Service streaming service hosted on a private subnet.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Streaming Service Adapter is one of many predefined adapters included with Oracle Integration. You can configure the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Streaming Service Adapter as an invoke connection in an integration in Oracle Integration.