Before you can develop applications that let your devices communicate with Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service, you first download, install, and configure the Android client software libraries.
- Register your device, record the password, and download the provisioning file.
- Upload the humidity and temperature sensor device models to Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service. See Upload the Sample Device Models.
- Download and install Gradle. Versions 4.0.1 to 4.10.3 are supported.
- Download and install Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 8.0 or later.
- Download and install Android Studio.
- Open a web browser and browse to the Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service client software libraries download site.
- Scroll to Android Client Software Library and download the Binaries, Source Code and Samples zip files from the Android Client Software Library table.
- Extract the contents of the zip files. The files are saved to these directories:
- Create a new application named AndroidELAppln. See Creating a New Application.
- Associate the humidity and temperature sensor device models with the AndroidELAppln application.
- Add an integration named EnterpriseClientSample to the application. See Integrating Enterprise Applications with Oracle IoT Cloud Service.
- Download the provisioning file for the EnterpriseClientSample integration:
- Log in to your Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service instance.
- Click the Menu () icon next to the Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service title on the Management Console.
- Click Applications and then Browse Applications.
- Click AndroidELAppln and then Integration.
- Select the EnterpriseClientSample integration and click the Edit () icon.
- Click the Overview tab.If you are using Oracle Internet of Things Cloud Service version 16 4.1 or earlier, record the ID and Shared Secret values. These values are required when you run the provisioning tool to create the trusted assets store.
- Enter a password in the File Protection Password field to encrypt the provisioning file that contains the credentials required to activate your integration.
- Enter the password again in the Confirm Password field.
- Click Download Provisioning File.
- Click Save File.
- Browse to a directory and then click Save.
- Prepare your device to run the Android client software libraries. See Prepare Your Device to Use the Android Client Software Libraries.
- Run the sample applications.