PuTTYgen is included with your PuTTY installation. To download PuTTY, go to http://www.putty.org/.
- Start PuTTYgen on your Windows computer.The PuTTY Key Generator window is displayed.
- Click Load.
- For the type of file, select All Files. Then browse to and select the private key file.
- If prompted, enter the passphrase for the private key, and then click OK.
- When a notice displays about a foreign key format, click OK.
- Optional: If the original key did not have a passphrase, then enter a value in Key passphrase and Confirm passphrase.
While a passphrase is not required, Oracle recommends using one as a security measure to protect the private key from unauthorized use. When you specify a passphrase, a user must enter the passphrase every time the private key is used.
- Click Save private key.
- Select a location to which to save the converted (
.ppk) private key file.