This topic does not apply to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Identify the Cloud Infrastructure Used by a Service Instance.
If you provisioned the service instance in an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure region, instead you must use the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Console to create security lists instead of access rules. See Security Lists in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Services documentation.
If the compute instance is not on the shared network, and the compute instance and the Oracle Java Cloud Service instance were created on different IP networks, then you must also connect the two IP networks to the same IP network exchange.
- Access the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Classic console.
- From the Instances page, identify the IP address of the compute instance that will communicate with your Oracle Java Cloud
If your Oracle Java Cloud Service instance was created with public IP addresses, then use the public IP address of the compute instance.
If your Oracle Java Cloud Service instance was created without public IP addresses, then use the private IP address of the compute instance.
If your compute instance and Oracle Java Cloud Service instance are using custom IP networks, then be sure to use the IP address for the appropriate network.
- Access the Oracle Java Cloud Service Console.
- Beside your service instance, click Manage this instance , and then select Access Rules.
- On the Access Rules page, click Create Rule.
- Enter a Rule Name, such as compute1–to-myjcs1.
- For Source, select <custom>. Enter the IP address of the compute instance.
Note:You can specify the IP addresses of multiple compute instances as a comma-separated list (
203.0.113.13,203.0.113.14,203.0.113.15), or using CIDR format (
- For Destination, select WLS_MS
- For Destination Port(s), enter
Note:If you configured your Managed Servers to listen on additional ports, you can specify them as a comma-separated list such as
- Accept the default Protocol (TCP).
- Click Create.
To return to either the Instances page or the Overview page for the selected service instance, click the locator links at the top of the page.